English Lecturer, Ritsumeikan University
Email: [email protected]
Ludic keywords: Digital Game-Based Language Learning (DGBLL), Digital Game-Based Language Teaching (DGBLT), Interest-driven learning
Language keywords: Vocabulary Acquisition, Fluency, Plurilingualism, Reading Comprehension, Incidental Acquisition, Learner Autonomy
Pedagogy keywords: Motivation, Communicative Competence, Language Learner Identity.
Ben is currently an English language teacher and researcher at Ritsumeikan University. He obtained his M.Ed from Ritsumeikan in 2015. His current research interests include digital games and their use in the classroom alongside their use in extramural learning contexts. He has also published papers related to reframing communicative activities in the classroom and plurilingualism.
🧪 Research connections
📰 Other publications
- Dizon, G., Thanyawatpokin, B. (In press). Intelligent personal assistant and CAPT: The effects of L2 vocabulary knowledge and interaction on intelligibility. Computer Assisted Language Learning.
- Thanyawatpokin B. (2019). “The Oregon Trail” in Schrier, K.S. (2019). Learning, Education & Games: 100 Games to Use in the Classroom. ETC Press
- Thanyawatpokin, B., Vollmer, C. (2018). Flipping the 4-3-2 Activity. JALT2017 Postconference Publication, 2017, 255-261.
- Thanyawatpokin, B., Vollmer, C. (2018). “A Plurilingual Approach to Language Education: Observations From The Japanese Classroom.” In Al-Mahrooqi, R., Denman, C. (2018) Curriculum Reform Initiatives in English Education. IGI Global.
- Dizon, G., Thanyawatpokin, B. (2018). Web 2.0 tools in the EFL classroom: Comparing the effects of Facebook and blogs on L2 writing and interaction. The EuroCALL Review, 26(1), 29-42. doi:https://doi.org/10.4995/eurocall.2018.7947
- Thanyawatpokin, B. (2018). Pedagogical Considerations for Using English Video Games in the Classroom. Himeji Dokkyo Daigaku Gaikokugo Gakubu Kiyo, 31, 97-107.
- Thanyawatpokin, B. (2017). “Changes in Lexical and Reading Proficiency Through Input from Video Games. IALLT Journal of Language Learning Technologies. 47(1), 27-57.
- Thanyawatpokin, B. (2016). “Using single player video games to learn English outside the classroom in Japan: A case study.” Himeji Dokkyo Daigaku Gaikokugo Gakubu Kiyo. 29.
- Thanyawatpokin, B. (2016). “Inter-Class Pen Pals” The Language Teacher. 41(1).Retrievable from: http://www.jalt-publications.org/node/23/articles/5624-inter-class-pen-pals