- Author: Niall McFadyen
- Peer-reviewed: ✅
- Peer-reviewers: D.M. Jones, Evan Bostelmann, Jonathan deHaan, Frederick Poole, Mona Zawdeh
- Date of publication: 2020/05/31
- Keywords: Education, Educational technology, Esports, Game-based learning, Gaming, Middle years education, Multimedia production, Student engagement, Teacher narrative
- Cite: McFadyen, N. (2020). Leveling Up: A Teacher’s Personal Journey of Bringing Video Games Into a School and Classroom. Ludic Language Pedagogy (2), p.86-94.
A teacher’s narrative on growing up with video games, pursuing graduate studies on gaming in education, and bringing them into school and classroom practice. #gametolearn #gamebasedlearning #edtech #schoolengagement
- What is this? This is a description of how I brought video games into my school and classroom over time, influenced by my own experiences and education.
- Why did you make it? I want to share what I have done with other teachers as it represents my own learning and decision making as a teacher based on my experience and continued education through graduate studies.
- Who is it for? Teachers, teacher candidates, graduate students, school administrators, other school staff, researchers, and parents.